September 23, 2020
As cloud computing
becomes more and more popular, businesses in every industry are looking for ways to take advantage of its benefits. One of the most common providers is Amazon Web Services. However, it can be difficult to figure out the best way to use their services. Here are ten tips to help you get the most out of AWS.
- AWS provides a free elastic IP with every instance, and they can be remapped up to one hundred times a month for no extra cost.
- Start with smaller EBS volumes. AWS will resize them as needed by the application. This practice also has the added benefit of saving money, as provisioned EBS volumes have a higher cost than general-purpose ones.
- AWS provides a billing alert feature for you to track your usage and expenses. Do not spend money on a third-party service but please ensure to set them up.
- For secure backup and recovery, use multi-AZ RDS. Applications continue working when failure occurs. In the thirty or so seconds it takes for AWS to switch to their standby machine, you want your applications to remain secure and stable.
- Manually delete your EBS snapshots. They are stored in S3, and while you might delete AMI, the EBS snapshots do not automatically delete. Erase them to free up space and save yourself from unnecessary storage costs.
- Save money by removing unneeded CloudWatch resources. Things like unimportant notifications and unused dashboards should be removed.
- Instead of using classic load balancers, opt for ALBs. They are cheaper and provide more support than EBTs, though they do only support http and https.
- Understand the specific server requirements of your region to increase your security. All of AWS’ services come with a soft limit in certain regions which can prevent attackers from performing malicious activity in other regions.
AWS is an excellent provider for cloud services, but it can be difficult to figure out the best way to utilize its resources. With these tips, you can get the most out of your AWS subscription.
How Can AlleoTech Help?
We are a team of IT Professionals and we understand that delivering a successful IT project can be complex and overwhelming. At AlleoTech, we will work with you every step of the way from architecting a migration plan that best suits your business to delivering the final result.
Rate this post