This week we have celebrated another milestone – AlleoTech Ltd is 6 month old now.
Time flies they say. But it doesn’t feel like that at all this time around. So much is happening every single day that it feels like a week is like a month. Our 3-month birthday was only 3 month ago, but it feels like it was a year ago. And so much has happened in the last 6 month that our incorporation seems to have happened in another lifetime altogether.
So, let’s take a moment and review, before a year goes by.
Firstly, the business itself grew and matured quite a bit. That was our main focus and we’ve done well. Better than expected actually. Comparing to the tail of the tape from our 3-month birthday, we have the following:
- Positive cashflow. We’ve achieved it 3 month ago, and we managed to maintain and grow it in the last three month.
- We’ve submitted our first VAT returns, which was an interesting exercise.
- 27 deals (opportunities) grew to 49, with the following breakdown:
- 16 closed won and delivered (up from 7)
- 6 are being delivered (up from 3)
- 1 is being finalized and signed (down from 4)
- 3 are in negotiation / price quoting (same number as before, but different deals)
- 3 are in analysis / scoping (down from 4, and different deals)
- 11 are in initial qualification (up from 6, and different deals)
- 3 are totally new (potential, with no work done on them just yet)
- 6 closed lost (half are for lack of our interest, half are for lack of client’s interest)
- Client countries went up from 4 to 5 (if counted by HQ office location) or 7 (if counted by billing address)
- Leads are up from 15 to 32
- 10 events attended (up from 6)
It’s also nice to see that we are now getting some repeat business and new clients via references. This suggests that we are doing something right.
Secondly, we have done a few iterations of our tools. Most noticeably, we have first expanded our use of Zoho, with both Zoho Desk and Zoho wiki. But then, completely moving away from all the Zoho tooks, as well as our Redmine setup. These all were replaced by a single system, which works a lot better for us now. (We’ll tell you more about it soon.)
Thirdly, and most excitingly, we are going through a round of investment now, for one of our core projects. Not much we can tell you about it yet, but you’ll know more in time.
With all of that, we’ve learned so much that our knowledge from six month ago seems almost childish and naive. And that’s just the beginning. Now we know more of what we don’t know.
All of that had to take a toll on something though. Compared to the numbers from three month ago, we are doing a lot less blogging and social media. Our website traffic grew from 500 monthly visitors to almost a 1,000, but we feel we can do better here. There’s a long queue of draft posts, both technical and business-related, which we just didn’t have enough hours in a day to finish and publish. Hopefully we’ll get back on track with these over the next few weeks.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone around us! We won’t be here without all our friends, clients, partners, and even competitors. Cheers to all of you!